I paint detailed, vibrant watercolours inspired by nature.
I’m totally self taught. I’ve been fully professional since 2008. And I’m passionate about helping others to paint.
"Sometimes you have to be brave"
That’s what I told myself when I quit my ‘sensible’ job in 2008 in order to pursue my painting full time.
I’d loved art as a child, but hadn’t taken it any further than school and ended up doing what so many of us do; working in a job that was ‘safe’ but didn’t really allow me to utilise my talents.
Find out how I made this big change, and what inspires me to paint, in this little video I made.
And if you want to check out the whole back catalogue of my paintings please visit my portfolio and SHARE away!
AWARD WINNING SERIES 2007
A real turning point in my story – my 2007 RHS Gold Medal winning series
Click one of the images below to see the painted progress of apple blossom bud to full apple.
Here are some of my painting career highlights to date
- RHS Gold Medal and Best in Show award 2007
- Paintings in the RHS Lindley Library Collection and also the Shirley Sherwood Collection
- Exhibited at the Chelsea Flower Show 2008-2013
- Commissions by David Austin Roses
- Election to Society of Botanical Artists 2013
- Grand Prize Winner in International Artist Magazine for ‘Strawberries Everest’ 2011
- Juror for the Denver Botanic Gardens/ Guild of Natural Science Illustrators (GNSI) exhibition ‘Plants, Birds & Pollinators’ 2013
- Teaching at RHS Wisley & West Dean College 2010 – present
- Teaching in the USA (Denver Botanic Gardens & Selby Botanical Gardens, Sarasota)
- Finalist, Artist of the Year competition, Artist & Illustrators magazine 2013
- Book, The Modern Flower Painter published by Search Press in 2014
- Regular contributor to Artists & Illustrators magazine
- Solo exhibition at RHS Garden Wisley October 2014
- Surrey Digital Awards ‘Best Use of Video’ winner 2018
- Book, Anna Mason’s Watercolour World, published by Search Press 2018
Anna Mason Art Ltd is proud to support:
World Land Trust works to protect some of the world’s most biodiverse and threatened habitats acre by acre. To do this, WLT empowers local NGOs by providing finance and technical support to create and protect nature reserves, restore degraded habitats and ensure they are permanently protected. Anna Mason Art Ltd makes regular donations to support their work.
Several bumblebee species are threatened with national extinction in the UK. The Bumblebee Conservation Trust does vital work to halt and reverse declines in the UK’s bumblebees who play a vital role in the pollination of crops for food as well as wildflowers. Anna Mason Art Ltd makes regular donations to support their work.